fbpx inclinar-se para a frente ao caminhar | Instituto do Método Gokhale
Inscreva-se no boletim de notícias Positive Stance ™
Shop Recursos Livres

forward lean when walking

maxinecowan
6 days 15 hours ago
forward lean when walking

Esther and/or team:
I’m not sure about leaning slightly forward when walking. When I experiment with that my lower back kills me. However, I can still push off with the back foot and remain upright, and totally engage my glutes. 
Does anyone have a comment on that, and thanks in advance. 
HAPPY NEW YEAR, and thanks Esther for all you know and share.
Maxine Cowan 

Colleen McHugh
13 hours 15 min ago

Hi Maxine.  I'm not an instructor but I was having that same problem when I finished the Elements course and occasionally have it now when I'm not paying attention to my body when walking (standing, sitting, etc. smiley ).  What I find really helps me when I feel the pain in my lower back is to check my rib anchor.  Sure enough when I engage that, my back feels better.  Sometimes I engage the inner corset if I really need to make sure I'm not hurting my discs.  Just a thought from a fellow student.

Today is January 1 2021 - HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Colleen

maxinecowan
6 days 15 hours ago

Hi Colleen

Thanks for your response...I'll check that out for sure. I'm certainly not great at anchoring my ribs, so I know what you mean. Being in a body is such a challenge sometimes, isn't it? I'm also trying not to think about it too much and just walk naturally. That also helps. Cheers, Maxine

Jacob K.
1 month 2 weeks ago

Moved post to forum - Glidewalking.

Best,

Jacob

The Gokhale Method Team